• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

1/6th Devonshires WW1

Started by Tony Walker, March 30, 2019, 10:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Walker

I have been drawn into a write up of two brothers in the 1st/6th Devonshire Regiment in WW1, which is a bit out of my naval comfort zone.  However the correspondence is fascinating and merits writing up.

I would like to supplement the written work with some relevant material like postcards from Mesopotamia (where they were posted), and in India, or of the regiment, but I have been singularly unable to find anything ideally to purchase, or to scan/copy, and would appreciate help.  I'm probably not looking in the right place!

Tony

Alan Baker

Not sure I can help but I have a large consignment of Alistair's WWI material which I am ploughing through. If I do come across anything, I will put it aside. Don't hold her breath though. It is a long job

Tony Walker

Thanks Alistair, much appreciated.

I understand there was / is an enormous amount to sort out.

Cheers
Tony