• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

EAST AFRICAN ARMY POST OFFICE 76

Started by Ross Debenham, April 26, 2019, 11:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Debenham

No scans unfortunately this time. I note that in Proud's book on the East African Army Postal Service this post office is listed as NR which I believe denotes not recorded. As post offices number 51 to 89 inclusive were used, I ask why wouldn't this post office be used. Was it just not opened up or was it in some out of the way location that it never got any use. As there are other censor markers that are listed by Proud that are listed as never being used, yet I have examples of, I am wondering if anybody has seen any covers from this post office.

Nick Guy

Hello Ross

No sighting has been reported in the East Africa Study Circle in the 35 years since Rossiter's death.  As he evidently did not find any reason for its non-use (and he reckoned he spent 10 years in the National Records Office) I fear the reason for its non-appearance is not likely to be known.

Nick Guy

Ross Debenham

Thanks Nick, just another one of those anomolies sent to test us philatelists, I suppose.