• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Daniel CM3 Listings

Started by Alan Baker, January 20, 2020, 05:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Baker

Daniel lists CM3/960 - 976 as relating to Gen Hospitals Nos 1 - 17. I have however come up against several anomalies with this.

I am attaching scans of a postcard and cover from AK's material, both posted in September 1915. The card bears CM3/963 and is franked APO S13, which Proud places at Le Treport at that time. The picture on the reverse is of No Gen Hospital No 3 at Le Treport. However, Daniel lists CM3/963 against No 4 GH.

The cover bears CM3/964 and is franked APO S6, which Proud places at Versailles. Daniel lists this as No 5 GH, which according to the listing on the website The Long Long Trail was at Rouen at the time. The listing gives No 4 GH as being located at Versailles

I have also seen a cover on War Covers with CM3/965 and franked APO S15, located by Proud at Bruyere Camp Rouen. There is a letter inside which is addressed from No 5 GH, although Daniel lists this CM No as from No 6, also at Rouen.

With these apparent anomalies, I wonder if the listing in Daniel has slipped a line, i.e. it should run from 961 - 917. If anyone has any records which would support or disprove this supposition, I should be pleased to hear

Alan Baker