• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

CM5/3545

Started by Alan Baker, January 24, 2020, 05:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Baker

Regular viewers of the forum will be pleased to know that I am nearly at the end of AK's material!

This card bears CM5/3545 and the franking, although not fully clear, appears to be FPO TW. Proud notes this as being in Eqypt and does not illustrate a double ring cancel. The picture on the card is clearly from France.

I have already noted from earlier material this censor with various cancels, including TX3 (Apr 1917 - 61 Div Train), T41 (May 1917 - 35 Div Train) and TW2 (1st June 1917 - 47 Div Train. All are in exchange period, phase 3. The last of these is dated three days before the one I illustrate. From memory, it is from the same sender

A couple of questions:
1. Is the cancel an adaption of TW2? Is it known to collectors iof Australian material?
2. Why is there such a variation of divisions?