• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Are we missing an opportunity?

Started by Tony Walker, April 17, 2020, 10:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Walker

You only have to look at the Forum to realise people are gaining considerable pleasure from our hobby in these highly restrictive times.  Philately lends itself to self-isolation at home, within reason mind you!  Other hobbies do too.

I am surprised not to have seen in the press and elsewhere the benefits of hobbies (of a kind similar to philately) which people can lose themselves in, in these times.  There must be opportunities in the local press for an article about the hobby, and the enjoyment it gives.  With a relevant illustration and contact number we may well get a number of follow up enquiries, although they may not necessarily be forces PH related, but that's no problem.  Are most of you like myself, a member of a local society?

OK, I'll put my money where my mouth is and try our local daily paper The Journal - will report back....

Cheers
Tony

Peter Harvey

Hi Tony,

Please do as you say and contact you local press, including a link to the main website would be useful and you can give my name and contact number 01858 571290 if you wish as publicity secretary. I would be interested in seeing anything that you send?  I am preparing a press release for the Philatelic press about the forum, but any efforts by members is strongly encouraged.

Peter

Alan Baker

I did read on a googlything that philately is making a comeback among millenials (leaves me out then)