• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Card of the day for May 25, 2020

Started by Howard Weinert, May 25, 2020, 08:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard Weinert

A postcard sent from Vladivostok to Halberstadt, Germany by a naval cadet on the German frigate SMS Elisabeth, part of the German East Asia Squadron. Postmarked in Vladivostok on 19 August 1882. Arrived at destination 110 days later. The message reads, "Dear little sister, I just arrived here and I send you my regards. This card will cross Siberia by caravan. On Monday we leave this harbor because a large English squadron with ten ships is expected. Our next stop is Shanghai where we will join both our corvettes."

Chris Grimshaw

Tony Walker

Howard

I'd just like to say how fascinating I find your covers and the write-up behind them. You have a remarkable collection - congratulations

Tony Walker

Howard Weinert

Thanks for your kind remarks, Chris and Tony. I try to milk every ounce of information out of these covers.

Journal 324 is very interesting. Great job, Chris.

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Howard

I;d echo Tony's comments.  Great material.  You may find yourself on the Front page again,

Thank you for your comments ref the journal.  I try my best ....

Chris