• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

CONTACT - Journal of the Scandinavia Philatelic Society FREE Download

Started by Peter Harvey, June 01, 2020, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Harvey

As some member may be aware we have made the Summer 2020 edition of the Journal available as a free download, with the hope that others might read this whilst locked in, during the current pandemic.

I have today received the below from the Scandinavia Philatelic Society and the link is free to download. There are some interesting military articles in this publication and hopefully these are of interest:

https://app.box.com/s/dyrvle6bdnm6dg76tjpng8wbv9aaojtw

Philatelic circles have been very active whilst we have had lockdown. Many societies and groups have been actively engaged in on line meetings and presentations and sharing resources all of which I have personally found, very enjoyable. One such example is from the Forces Postal History Society who has approached the SPS offering to share their current journal with us for those members that are interested. Their Publicity Secretary, Peter Harvey, wrote:

"During these difficult times we have made the decision to make our current Journal available to the widest philatelic audience possible, free of charge. We hope that you might be able to inform your members of this and let them know that they can access this as a download from the FPHS website front page at http://www.forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk

We are delighted that this is another bumper edition of our Journal with contributors with a wide range of philatelic interests.

Additionally, from the front page of the website you can access some of our members displays and also membership information."

I share the above with members and encourage you to have a look at this free resource and accordingly, I would like to thank the FPHS on behalf of the SPS. We have likewise reciprocated and hope that members of the FPHS find something of interest by way of exchange.

Alan Baker

Chris Weddell

Peter Harvey

Chaps,

'Free' Zoom is fine, but you are limited to 30 minutes, which is a real challenge, especially if people ask questions.

What I have done with work is complete a presentation on Zoom with a client whilst sharing Powerpoint on screen and recording. You then can save a file (large data) and share. So actually this would work very well if you fancy copying some covers into a presentation - although our website would challenge to host with space limitation.

Regards

Marc Parren

I am also a member of the ColFra (French colonies collectors) in France and they organise now for a number of weeks a Zoom meeting. The president has taken a Zoom license so the meeting can surpass 30 minutes which he explained is less than the money ususally spent on organising physical meetings. I learnt to know a great deal of new members and we had great presentations and discussions. The only thing is that some of these meetings tend to last for over 2 hours which is beyond what I can manage as throughout the week I already have many of these calls in my professional life

Alan Baker