• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

CEN T SOR

Started by Tony Walker, June 04, 2020, 09:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Walker

The censor marks CEN T SOR with the central T which could be another letter or letters, a number or a symbol are largely associated with ships of the Dover Patrol Command in WWI.  The letter T is known in several forms and in purple, and provides scope for study - some time.

The cover has a London machine cancel dated 31 October 1917 with wavy lines, with an illegible censors initials. However the cover illustrated has, on the reverse a boxed PH. / 344, shown here enlarged by 150%.

I've not seen this before and I thought Peter High may be able to throw some light on it.....?

Cheers
Tony

Peter Harvey

Hi Tony,

Hope you are well.

The P.H. mark certainly is a collector mark, I have sen this applied to a broad range of postal history over the years, although I am not sure who the 'collector' was.

Peter

Tony Walker

Peter - So it obviously wasn't you, maybe Peter High.... !

Nick Colley

Hardly his style, Tony!

chrs
N

Alan Baker

A bit over the top though. Other dealers do at least write on covers and cards in pencil