• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Ephemera of the Day 9 June

Started by Michael Dobbs, June 09, 2020, 12:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I tried to do this under 8 June but was diverted with other tasks and now its gone midnight!

I've been trying to find the time to mount up some covers, which is slow progress.  I came acorss these bag labels in a folder which I must have had for at least a year - they are next on my "to do" list as they form part of my Home Depot collection which I am currently working on.  They are all connected with the Falklands.  I have plenty of other bag labels as well - some from/to BAOR and other places.

Mike  :)

Chris Grimshaw

Very Nice Mike

Only one's I've seen and could offer all WWI 1917/1918 into Mudros.

Chris

Alan Baker

Interesting use of the plural for Ascension. I always thought it was one on its own.

Also, wonder what was deleted on the third one

Michael Dobbs

I am almost certain that it was ASCENSION - having looked through a magnifying glass and a strong light close up and looking at it both through the front and back of the label!

Yes, I also think it strange that Ascension is called Islands rather than singlular.