• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Przemysl - again

Started by Andrew Brooks, July 02, 2020, 10:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Brooks

A postcard of the Maja Mai bridge in Przemysl (before it was damaged). On the message side it seems it was sent on 21 Augst.1915. By this time the Russians had left Przemysl after the end of the second siege and so I think that the card was obviously not posted in Przemysl but somewhere under Russian control. It is written in cyrillic and the postmarks are also cyrillic. I cannot read either mark and would especially like to know what the mark that has had some part crossed out means.
Andrew Brooks

Howard Weinert

Andrew,

This card was sent by a Russian soldier in Przemysl. The message is dated 21 April 1915. The postmark reads Reserve Fieldpost Office, and the unit handstamp
reads ???? Infantry Regiment, 15th Company, partly crossed out by censor. The card was printed in Lvov under Russian occupation. It was addressed to Korneshty in Bessarabia province, now in Moldova.

Andrew Brooks

Hi Howard,
I was hoping that you could help me and you have!  I can now write up  the last sheet on Przemysl. Wonderful
Andrew

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Andrew

Nice to see you on the Forum,  stick around.

Will this generate an article for the Journal?  Winter perhaps?

Chris

Andrew Brooks

Hi Chris,
For two years I stopped writing articles but recently with the lockdown I have had time on my hands and managed to have two accepted, one in Polar Postal History and one in the Austrian Soc. Journal, coming out later this year. I do have some ideas for the FPHS and promise I will submit an article soon.
Andrew

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Andrew

Will look forward to it.

Chris