• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Postal Censorship Bermuda WW2

Started by Michael Dobbs, August 20, 2020, 10:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I have received the following enquiry:

[color=maroon]I am working on a Channel 4 WWII history series and I am hoping to talk to someone about the British wartime postal censorship in Bermuda.

I am making efforts to track down Horst Augustinovic who has recently written a book on the subject, but COVID prevents us from travelling to Bermuda itself to film. I am therefore keen to speak to someone in the UK as well.

Can any of your members help? We'll be focusing on the role of censorettes in the process and censorship's role in the war as a whole.[/color]

Graham Mark has already responded to my request, but has been unable to provide any additional information other than:
"I suggest Mr Bingham reads Horst Augustinovic's book and Peter Flynn's "Intercepted in Bermuda" pub by The Collectors Club of Chicago, 2006, ISBN 0916675157, long out of print but I believe it has recently been made available in electronic form, although I have no details."

My thanks to Geoff Hanney who sent me details of an article in FPHS Newsletter No.66 March-April 1964 Page 57-58 "BERMUDA BASE CENSOR" by L. Arthur Courtney

Can anyone add anything further please?

Thanks, Mike  :)