• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Swiss Redirection Cachet

Started by Chris Grimshaw, March 31, 2021, 11:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Team

Probably a very slim chance but has anyone come across this cachet before?

Atza B. DINITCH Genève - Suisse, Casse M.B 3064

I have this mark on a Post Card from CROIX ROUGE SERBE (Zurich) into Corfu Datelined 12 1 17  Received May 1917.

Scans attached.

PS Google gives very little.

Peter Harvey

Found this on Google with the following description:

1917.05.27, Mail between Occupied Serbia & Serbian Military: 8h postal card stationery from occupied Serbia uprated with 2x10h, sent from K.u.K. ETAPPENPOSTAMT MLADENOVAC 27.5.17, with censor marking "Zensuriert k.u.k. Zensurstelle FELDKIRCH 36" red to Switzerland (Geneva), redirected by "Atza B. DINITCH Genève - Suisse, Casse M.B 3064" to the Serbian Army in Greece, "ПРЕГЛЕДАЛА ВОЈНА ЦЕНЗУРА (41)" censor marking, upon arrival in Salonica front, R & VF-Sup

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks Peter

I'd assume that its an organisation / business connected with the Serbians.

Chris

Peter Harvey

Chris,

I think you are correct with this.

I have seen the cachet before, but simply thought this to be a commercial address cachet in Switzerland (it looks like so many others).

Having further looked for images on the web and gone through some old auction lists, I can only find it used linked to Serbian covers/cards, so clearly some form of forwarding address. I have not managed to find anything addressed to Atza Dinitch, yet!

Peter