• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

The British Military Mission to Italy 1915

Started by Frank Schofield, June 13, 2021, 12:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Schofield

At the beginning of WW1 Italy  remained  neutral, but under pressure from Britain & France. They declared  war on Austria on 23rd May 1915. A British Military Mission was set up in Rome under the command of Colonel (acting Brigadier) C. Delme Radcliffe.
The only item from this mission I have come across in over 30 years is attached. On a cover addressed to Sussex postmarked 3rd August 1915, identified in the form a backstamp in Italian postage of 25c had to be paid

Frank Schofield

Michael Dobbs

Frank - A very nice cover and write up - a good find, thank you.

Mike

Frank Schofield

Mike

Cannot understand how the attachment has appeared in the main post
Has the system been changed??

Frank

Michael Dobbs

Simple answer is - I have no idea!
Noted it first happened in the previous query from Chris.

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Frank

Very Nice,  A brilliant item and great write-up.  As Mike comments cannot understand how attachments now appear in the main body.  Followed usual procedure when posting as I guess you'll have done. 

Not so keen myself.

Chris

Michael Dobbs

I have emailed Bob (our webmaster) to see if he can establish what has happened.

I also note that when typing this response or indeed a new query (see my US Afghanistan postcard) a blue border surriunds the text box - only whilst typing, once posted it is gone.

Mike

Frank Schofield

Chris

When I first saw my post, thought I had messed it up, so completely deleted it and retried but the same came out again
Agree with you, don't like it
Just noticed my attachment has disappeared from my original post

Frank

Nick Colley

It's still present, Frank - as an attachment, and no longer in the body of the text.

chrs
N

Frank Schofield

Nick

Thanks, it came back to normal last night

Frank