• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Registered Mail Post WWI North Russia & Siberia Campaigns

Started by Chris Grimshaw, September 19, 2021, 03:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Afternoon Team

As part of my major study of Registered mails,

Part 2 which I 'hope' to publish in the Winter Journal will among other areas in the East look at the campaigns in North Russia and Siberia.

In the George Crabb auction held on Friday 20th October, 2000  there are two lots which are illustrated,

Lot No 264 Registered Cover described as FPO D 1, but actually FPO 81.  No example of this office registered recorded in the Ed Klempka collection to my knowledge.  Using the Blank D Type label

Lot No 269, Registered cover with  a pre-printed Reg Label with a hand-stamp PB1,  this is possibly unique.  I have no record of any other Registered mail from the PB series in North Russia. 

In Foreign Military Activity in the Russian Civil War 1917 – 1923  by Edward Klempka there is No Registered Mail illustrated or recorded from the North Russia or Siberian Campaigns from British or Canadian troops.

I have emailed Cavendish to try and obtain copies of these two items.

Now the questions

1 Has anyone knowledge of these two items and there current whereabouts.

2 Has anyone Registered mail from any of the campaigns in the above areas, North Russia, Siberia and the Caucasus campaign.

The label from the PB1 cover is illustrated in K & C page 267.  Any information welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

Howard Weinert

Chris,

About 2 dozen registered covers have been seen from the American forces in Siberia, along with a few from American warships in Vladivostok. None from American troops in north Russia.
I will send you a file showing Al Kugel's Siberia collection.

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks Howard

Will download later, many thanks for your trouble.

Chris