• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

The Mediterranean Fleet 1919 - 1929 Edited by Paul Halpern

Started by Chris Grimshaw, August 07, 2016, 04:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Friends

Any chance anyone has a copy of the above, Book form or ebook? Looking for information on Monitor M 22 during her time in the Black Sea.

Recently purchased a series of Post Cards from a seaman serving on M22 and looking for information prior to writing them up.

Cheers

Chris

Frank Schofield

Chris

Just bought a book on the monitors, M22 gets a small mention,
She replaced M27 (damaged by her own guns recoil) M22 left Mudros, she joined up with M29
"The fire from the ships put new heart into the White forces, In order to support the White army in Ukraine they needed to control the mouths of the rivers Bug and Dnestr.
M22 & M29 moved to the NW of the Black Sea, in August the opened fire on the forts at Nikolajev at the mouth of the Bug which soon fell into the Whites hands. By the time the monitors had been withdrawn from the Black Sea and they took no further part in the Russian Civil war"

Hope of some use

Frank Schofield

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks Frank

I'm away for a few days, when I return I'll advise on the dates I'm looking at.

Chris

Alan Baker

Of no bearing to this query, I took a trip to Portsmouth yesterday and had a tour round M33 (among other things). Very interesting to see, also the new Jutland exhibition. Well worth a trip