• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

New member.

Started by avoorbraak, January 11, 2017, 02:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avoorbraak

Hello all,
I am a new member of this society, and I hope to learn a lot here.
I collect Queen Elizabeth II "Wildings" 1952-1971 on letters, forms and on all what's possible. Also the stamps used as revenues on complete forms.
My interest in military mail is limited for this period but I have read That many conflicts and campaigns took place in this period and are interesting enough to learn more about. I am sure that it is possible in this society.

Michael Dobbs

Ton

Welcome to the Society - I hope you find it a useful source of both information (and through our auctions) material to enhance your collection.  A useful starting point would be to try and get hold of a copy of "The British Army Post Office in Conflict & Crisis Situations 1946-1982" published by Chavril Press in 2005.  I don't know if it is still available - but email dealer/member Charles Entwistle as he produced the publication (a small A5 size booklet) - charlesentwistle17@msn.com

Best wishes, Michael

(Michael Dobbs
Hon Secretary)

avoorbraak

Many thanks for letting me know about this book.
I have found a copy on internet.
Seems very interesting to me.

Rgegards,  Ton

Ingo Egerlandt

Hi Ton,
nice to see you as a new member.
Ingo

Tony Walker

Hi Ton

Welcome aboard.  You have picked a fascinating period to collect - the Wilding definitives.  In addition to military postal matters there is a vast range of other postal history uses, and material is reasonably available, especially if you can get to the occasional stamp fair in the UK (the one in York is very good, Stampex is more for the deep pockets)

The Great Britain Philatelic Society (GBPS) is another society that might interest you, members collect GB stamps and postal history.  You'll find their website on the internet.

By coincidence I have recently started writing up some postal and other uses of the Machin £sd stamps, before decimalisation.  You often get 'mixed frankings', i.e. Wildings and Machins on the same cover, which look good.

If you care to send me an email address I can scan one or two areas of collecting which feature the Wildings to give you something to look out for.  However my internet connection is very intermittent at the moment, hopefully it will get sorted soon, so there may be a delay in response.

Cheers
Tony Walker
walker369@btinternet.com