• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Polish Squadrons with the RAF in WWII

Started by Michael Dobbs, September 22, 2017, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I have received the following enquiry / request from member Roy Reader:

[color=maroon]I am doing a book about the Polish Armed Forces in France in 1939-48 but despite my many years of collecting I have not yet found any examples of mail sent to or from the Polish airmen serving with the RAF at the time of their operating from bases in France after the Normandy Invasion (302, 308 and 317 Fighter Squadrons (July to October 1944) and 305 Bomber Squadron (November 1944 to June 1945)). I was wondering whether you might by any chance know of a member of the FPHS who might have some examples of mail to and from these Polish squadrons and who might be willing to give me details about them and perhaps even allow me to illustrate them in my book.

Thanking you in advance if you can help,[/color]

If anyone cas assist please contact me via this forum.

Thanks, Mike

Nick Colley

Mike, I'm disappointed to have to reply that there are no (RAF)[u]censored[/u] examples known so far.  :(

chrs
N

Ian Muchall

Mike,
Sadly like Nick I have nothing to add, although I do have two 1946 covers to Polish airmen in the UK, and the one I have just posted a query to.
Perhaps due to the German occupation of Poland mail was very restricted certainly to/from UK.
Ian