• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

R J Bentley 1917

Started by Michael Gould, February 12, 2019, 03:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Gould

Have recently bought a cover with a large rough-cut CENSOR with London RFHMS 27 Aug 1917 (pencil date suggests was written on 4th August). It is franked R J Bentley and sent to his wife. He is not in the Navy List. Does anyone have a corresponding Army List and see if he is in it please?
Michael Gould

Frank Schofield

Michael

January 1918 Army List

Found a T/Lt R.J. Bentley MD, listed under the RAMC, seniority 7th June 1917

Hope of some use

Frank Schofield

Michael Gould

Frank. I assume Bentley was on a troop transport, just possibly an army hospital ship. Do you know if it might be possible to narrow things down a bit?  Michael

Frank Schofield

Michael

The Army Lists do not show a location he his serving, unlike the Navy Lists

The only hope is getting hold of his service record is the NA at Kew or a member who has access to To Ancestry Military records

Frank Schofield

Alan Baker

I have found a medal record for Capt RJ Bentley RAMC, which has the notation "Service in India". Not sure if it helps

Michael Gould

Thank you Frank. Have tried two web sites that claim to have RAMC details but both wanted a monthly subscription and I did not think one question justified a monthly sub. Alan, I did, however, find a reference to a Capt Bentley with a 1918 seniority so this may be the same person. What we now need to know is whether a regiment went to India in mid 1917. Michael