• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

RAF Section 2 1944 Scotland?

Started by Chris Weddell, August 01, 2019, 11:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Weddell

I just got this eBay buy in the post today. It interested me as I cannot seem to find anything about RAF Section 2 during or after WWII . The only thing I can find near it is an RAF Air Section 2 was formed in 1972. The other thing which I found interesting was  the letter was addressed to GPO Glasgow and not GPO London. 

Does any one know anything at all about RAF Section 2 or Bap 203?

Cheers

Chris

Nick Colley

Hi, Chris, I think I have a partial answer for you:

- it's Box 203. I would have to check, but my memory (what's left of it) is prompting me to say that was the address for the RAF in the Hebrides. I gather the current understanding (possibly only an assumption?) is that it was flown out to the Hebrides from Glasgow - hence the c/o GPO Glasgow in the address.

- However, sadly I have no idea what Section 2 was.

chrs
N

Chris Weddell

Nick,

Thank you for this. I may now have more of a idea. I have to look up and check out something I have just read  in the last few days. I hope I can find it again on the net ? I will post what i found out if it is any use.

Chris