• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

My cover of the day.

Started by Chris Weddell, April 21, 2020, 04:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Weddell

A cover posted by the Commander of Canadian Forces Europe from Lahn, Germany in 1987.

The cover was posted to Air Marshal Sir Anthony Skingsley, COMTWOATAF (Commander, Second Allied Tactical Air Force, Central Europe) RAF Germany BFPO 40. The cover is tied with a CFPO 105 cancel. I am not sure which type as this cancel does not seem to appear in Proud Volume 3. 

Michael Dobbs

Hi Chris

I iniatlly got confused - Vol 3 of Proud ? I automatically thought of Vol III referring to the British Army Postal Service 1927-1963 and thought, of course its not in there its Canadian !!

Then realised that Proud also produced some Canadian Forces books as well - Canadian Military Posts Vol 3 covers the period 1947-1989: look at page 177, datestamp D you will find it recorded 27 Mar 67 - (May 76)  location given as Lahr, Germany.

I now turn to "The BNAPS Catalogue of Canadian Military Markings Volume 3 From Victory in 1945 to Afghanistan" compiled and edited by C D Sayles.  Page 153 illustration C262 - scan of page attached.

Hope this helps.

Mike  :)

Chris Weddell

Mike,

Thanks for this. I forgot to put the name of the book down.

I have had a look and got confused with Prouds dates for this cancel. Thanks for the information on the other book and the scan of the page which was very helpful.

Chris