• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Cover of the day - APO 425

Started by Jim Etherington, April 20, 2020, 02:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Etherington

I have just purchased this cover addressed to a member of the RAMC from ebay. I was intrigued by the '2EACCS'. The reverse had not been illustrated. On receipt the cancels on reverse provided the answer. It bears two cancels, a 'Home Depot 19' dated 7 OC 40 and an 'E.A. Army Postal Services No 1' dated 23 NO 40.  Nisbet, a member of the RAMC, presumable was serving with '2 East Africa Casualty Clearing Station'. (I found no information about this unit was found on google.)

The reason for showing the cover is to provide information. I have always been led to believe that there is no definitive list of APO numbers. I am assuming that APO 425 was used for this RAMC draft being sent to East Africa, presumably Kenya.

Comment welcome.

Michael Dobbs

Jim

Sorry, but the only information I have on APO 425 are the dates given when I recorded the entry and exist listings for EFM telegrams  - plus your cover (I don't know where I got that from - must have been shown at one of our meetings, possibly an ALK item, but I have now recorded it as from you!)

APO 425 EFM telegraph service authorised [listed in POC 23 Apr 1941]
                EFM telegraph service ceased         [not listed POC 2 Jun 1943]

Mike  :)