• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

My Cover of the Day 21 April 2020 - Gibraltar

Started by Peter Harvey, April 21, 2020, 07:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Harvey

Here is my cover of the day a 1976 Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference cover cancelled Field Post Office 123 - used this date in Gibraltar.

Now a bit tongue in cheek, this is addressed to our Packet Secretary Ian Muchall, in the RAF at RAF Rheindahlan BFPO 40 in Germany. You will note that he worked in the accounts section, well the envelope has never been opened, I wondered if it might have a few £10 notes inside ?

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Michael Dobbs

Peter - good cover - nice story  ;D - glad to see someone else posting more modern material - keep it up !

Mike  :)

Chris Grimshaw

Nice Item, Peter

As Mike says a little "Modern" is good.  Diverse interests etc. :)

Chris

Alan Baker

Chris Grimshaw

If it's Post 1923 / 4 it's Modern.

Bearing stamps unless Outgoing, Registered or a Parcel piece or after Postal concessions ended in 1920 (Chanak Crisis)  starting to verge on the dodgy.  OAS in later Wartime exempted.

Chris :)

Michael Dobbs

Chaps - its post-WW2 - now thats modern as far as this forum is concerned !!

:D :D

Mike  ;)

Peter Harvey

Well that was an interesting discussion. Hold Mike's thought for a minute....... that make us a thoroughly modern society, as the majority of members were born after WW2 :-)

Peter