• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Cover of the Day May 1, 2020

Started by Howard Weinert, May 01, 2020, 04:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard Weinert

A cover from Marine Corps Captain Haskin Updegraff Deeley, Sr. [1897-1948] to his wife in Baltimore. The cover is inscribed, "Captain Haskin U. Deeley M. C., U.S.S. Galveston, U.S. Naval Forces, European Waters," and was postmarked U.S.S. Galveston on 2 June 1919. Deeley served in North Russia and Turkey on the Galveston. At the time this cover was mailed, the Galveston was in Western European waters assisting the repatriation of crews of German ships.

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Howard

I like this, very nice,  You're a Man after my own heart in interests, Currently looking at the Front cover for one of your postings.  OK with you ?  not sure which one yet.

Will have to find something suitable to respond.

Do you have a copy of Ed Klempka's last book, FOREIGN MILITARY ACTIVITY IN THE RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR 1917 - 23 ?    A brilliant publication. 

Published by the British Society of Russian Philately.  A publication I;'d recommend.

Chris

Howard Weinert

Chris,

Yes you can use any of my posts for the journal. I do have Klempka's book. I have been a member of BSRP since about 1970.

Howard