• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

My Cover of the Day 17th May 27th Divisional Train 1917

Started by Chris Grimshaw, May 17, 2020, 01:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Afternoon Team and what a great afternoon it is as it's, My Birthday. 

My cover for today is something from the A.K material,  He had  a nice run of covers from the "Collard" correspondence,  One such item is illustrated below

Cover Cancelled ARMY POST OFFICE T 27 30th June 1917.

The normal cancel for this Divisional Train throughout its existence, 1915 to 1919 was FIELD POST OFFICE T 27, a double ring cancel.  two types are recognizable during this time.  Mainly the size of T & 27 lettering.

In June 1917 for some unknown reason a skeleton cancel was made up to show ARMY POST OFFICE T 27.  Kennedy & Crabb record as used June 1917, Firebrace records used 30 June 17, possibly this example and Not recorded by Proud. A.K edited the 2nd Edition of Proud but didn't include this in his revisions. 

Based on further material I have on the 12th June 17 (Type a) was using the FPO cancel and again by 27th July 17  (type b), this period also reflects the two different types of FPO cancel which I'll call ( a & b )

Does anyone one have records or information of cancels between these two dates.?

Cheers

Chris

Chris Grimshaw

For completeness I show the two types of Double Ring FPO cancel refereed to in post 1.

Chris

Michael Dobbs

Happt Birthday Chris, have an enjoyable rest of the day: no DIY or gardening, just relax with your hobby!

Its always good to show items and raise queries at the same time - three different types of T.27 datestamp!  I hope your posting produces responses to narrow down periods of uses for each.

Mike  :)