• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Cover of the day 7 July,

Started by Ross Debenham, June 07, 2020, 07:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Debenham

I attach a scan of an AMLC that although posted via the civil post office I believe is very much forces mail. Posted by somebody at RAF Driftlands, Port Elizabeth via the civil mail. Received at RAF Northwood, and re-directed to RAF Tarrant Rushton in Blandford, Dorset.

Michael Dobbs

Hi Ross

It is indeed forces mail - from a serviceman to a serviceman and even more so as it has an RAF redirection form applied together with an RAF station Post Room datestamp.  A very nice item for RAF collectors. 

However, I do see you are ahead of the game here - I know down under you are aheasd of us, but I didn't think by that much!  We are still stuck in June here in the UK  :D :D

Mike  :)

Chris Grimshaw

Nice Item Ross

Full of character

Chris

Ross Debenham

Sorry Mike, I usually don't know what day it is, but months has got me a bit worried.