• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Cover of the day Egypt something different

Started by Ross Debenham, June 16, 2020, 12:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Debenham

A British forces in Egypt cover from Moascar, one of the additional bases set up in 1936-37 when the Italians were busy invading Ethiopia, and the Egyptian government feared that they might be next on the list. Prior to this the British forces had only been guarding the Suez Canal.

Robert Hurst

Regarding the addressee of the envelope, a [i]Google[/i] search brought forward a publication on [i]Google Books[/i] saying that a Ralph Clemoes and his wife Lillian set up [i]Economic Educator Service[/i] in 1925. However in 1942 the police raided their premises to discover that in the intervening years the range of stock had been extended considerably beyond the sort of self help publications they had initially sold. Apparently a trial and conviction under obscene publication law followed. There was no mention of the Clemoes' customers having a whip round to pay their legal fees.  ;D

Alan Baker

It makes you wonder what the sender of the letter was ordering! I thought the address looked dodgy

Ross Debenham