• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Allocation of Type 7 Censor Hand-stamps

Started by Chris Grimshaw, July 04, 2020, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Team

Another puzzle

7 / 370 was allocated to British Mission South Russia HQ recorded in use from June 1919, possibly earlier

7 / 379 was allocated to Novorossisk Base, British Military Mission to South Russia from 1 March 1919?  Prior to this was allocated to 346th Company Royal Army Service Corps, Until 28 February 1919

If these censor numbers were issued in numerical order which under Military probability was the case one would expect an earlier allocation from 7 / 370.  Currently I record nothing prior to use in Southern Russia by the Military Mission.

Reinforcing the issue in order I record 7 / 404 in November 1917

Comments welcomed.

Chris

Alan Baker

I have limited recordings of these numbers (nothing at all for 404).

370 - I have recorded from AK index cards use on 16th June 1919 with BAPO Y - this is repeated in AK's ledger

379 - AK's ledger records this in November 1917 with APO SX5 - this is mirrored in Daniel. Can't be sure which came first

Alan Baker

The index cards for APO Nos are now with Chris Stephany-Weddell. He may be able to shed some light

Chris Grimshaw