• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Cover of the Day 6 October. EAST AFRICA (what else)

Started by Ross Debenham, October 06, 2020, 12:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Debenham

I attach a scan of a recent purchase post marked East African Army Post Office 52 on 19 June, 1941. I believe it is from a native member of 12(A) Division to another native in the recruit depot at Dar Es Salaam. According to Proud this post office was open for a week from 7 February to 13 February, 1941. Proud goes on to say "The mail arrangements for the 12(A) Division broke down, if the Division HQ used this A.P.O.  it would have been in the Garissa, Kenya area during the above period moving soon after into Italian Somaliland." It resumed normal postal activities at Thika, Kenya September, 1941. It is obvious that this cover was posted in that period when the postal facilities were supposed to have broken down. My question is are there any other members who have covers from the period of the breakdown of the mail arrangements.