• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Translation Assistance

Started by Chris Grimshaw, August 23, 2021, 01:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Afternoon Team

I continue with the Harry Luke archive.

Scan shows a document described as a 'Bolshevik Proclamation' Circa 1919 I think in French but not sure.

Can anyone help or shed light on this document please.

Chris

Neil Williams

Chris

it's in French. It looks to me like a press report or briefing document on three topics relevant to Bolshevik matters. The first reports a proclamation to the comrades, workers and 'peasants' of Kiva and Bukhara by the Commissar for Foreign Affairs. The British Imperialists are mentioned... the second reports a Siberian Newspaper has published a new Plan of the Bolsheviks,  and the third reports that a newspaper in Rotterdam reports on Bolshevik intrigues in India. In each case the source of the three reports is quoted as being 'Russagent' which would have been a press bureau.

Let me know if you want a full translation!

Neil

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Neil

Thanks for this.  If not to much trouble a full translation would be great please.

Chris

Neil Williams

Chris

that's exercised the brain on a grey day!

As you'll see, some things haven't changed in a 100 years!

regards
Neil

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks Neil

Much appreciated.  I may have further material from the Luke archive in French, still working my way through sorting out.

Chris