• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Russian cruiser in Hong Kong 1893

Started by Howard Weinert, December 09, 2021, 12:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard Weinert

Here is a cover sent from St. Petersburg (27.4.93) to executive officer K. P. Iessen on board His Imperial Russian Majesty's cruiser Admiral Korniloff in Hong Kong (14.6.93, 2.6 old style). The cover was forwarded to Nagasaki (22.6.93, 10.6 old style) and Vladivostok (29.6.93). With two strikes of a "Vladivostok" forwarding mark applied by the Russian consul in Nagasaki. Karl Petrovich Iessen [1852-1918] served as executive officer on the Admiral Korniloff from 1891 to 1893. During the Russo-Japanese War, Rear Admiral Iessen commanded the Vladivostok cruiser squadron. He was executed by the Bolsheviks

Sozont Singh

Chris Grimshaw

Howard

What can I say, a brilliant item.  How you work these out amazes me.

I've been on the 'look out'  for that 'special' item for the Spring Journal Front cover.  Look no further I'm telling myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Ross Debenham

Totally agree with the comments. Brilliant cover.