• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

FPO 201 Siberia 1919

Started by Chris Grimshaw, September 07, 2022, 03:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Afternoon Team

An area we see little of I show a firstly a cover from FPO 201, used by the 1/9th Battn Hampshire Regiment during their time in the far East of Russia.

Cover to Bournemouth, Cancel dated 19 September 1919 sent by a member of 1/9th Battalion Hampshire Regiment.  Battalion was back in Vladivostok by this time.

Second scan shows a cover from the same correspondence

Cover to a Miss Dales. Bournemouth,  Hampshire.  Cancel dated July 8 1919. Endorsed in manuscript 20/6/19.

Battalion was based at Ekaterinburg  in the Urals at this time, having moved from Omsk. Mail was sent to Vladivostok for dispatch. 

Ed Klempka Page 154 illustrates a third cover for this correspondence, manuscript endorsement OMSK 7/2/19,  Further endorsed Recd 25/4/19 with a ON ACTIVE SERVICE NO CHARGE TO BE RAISED undated cachet (London arrival)

Whilst my example has no location endorsement I'm happy its from Ekaterinburg prior to the Battalions return to
Vladivostok.

Chris