• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Query: Location of (Indian) FPO 60 - World War One

Started by Neil Williams, October 08, 2022, 12:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Williams

Folks

unfortunately, I don't have the relevant reference material in my 'library'. And I have not found anything in a trawl through back issues of the Journal.

Would be very grateful for the location(s) of FPO 60 in the period 1914-1921 and any known usage range.

regards
Neil W

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Neil

If, you've found an example of IFPO 60 you've got a good one. Please illustrate.

Proud Vol II History of the Indian Army Postal Service 1914 - 1931 page 176 records the following.

FPO 60
ADEN Stationary Office Steamer Point G.P.O. (27.8.15) - (15.9.15)  Note dates in brackets from Proud mean extensions possible. Val 1,000  A very high valuation.

He illustrates the datestamp with a date of 15.SE.15  Cancel is D 1

Replaced by ADEN B.P.O. (E.R.D. 23.9.15)

Typed as shown.  Nothing else about this office recorded

Chris

Neil Williams

Hi Chris

many thanks for that.

This period is before my collecting interests, but I'm working on that project to bring together all the Aden WWI material that has been in The Dhow. I'm looking at 3 illustrations of FPO 60, one of which is a date outlier from April 1918!

Looks like I need a copy of Proud's Vol II before I go much further... it'll keep my Volume III company!

BTW, nice work on the Anniversary issue.

cheers
Neil

Chris Grimshaw

Hi Neil

Always pleased to assist. If you have any further queries, just post.  Away for a few days in the morning (Monday)  but will pick up on my return.

I'd be interested in seeing your illustrations of this IFPO.

Chris