• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

APO S 85 in 1917

Started by Chris Grimshaw, November 23, 2022, 12:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Morning Team

APO S 85 was opened in France  at St Germain (Transit camp) 21.7.17, Serving the Overland Route to the East.I record consistent usage of Type 5 / 5252( 4 copies) here between July and mid October when the changeover occurred to Type 6.

Early days as yet but confident this was 'The main censor' for this transit camp.  Looking at Itea & Bralo in Salonika in 1918 they were only using one censor each, 7/ 410 & 7 / 449 which were allocated to the respective Camp Commandants.

I have FD's Overland Route material and also a large collection which a fellow member put together on the Overland Route.  No other Type 5 censors are present in these collections from this office.

Anyone (Alan) ? have any records from this Office or possibly earlier usage of this censor prior to 21.7.17.

I understand our Membership Sec has AK's record cards covering these offices, hopefully they'll result in published research or become more widely available.

Chris

Alan Baker

As you say, Chris SW has AK's index cards covering APO S nos. The records I have are in order of CM nos

Once Chris has finished with the cards, he is going to return them to me so that all Alistair's records are in one place, cards and ledger

Chris Grimshaw

Thanks Alan

Two questions if I may be so 'bold',

1  Is Chris W making his research available?

2  Will other students also have access to these records?

Currently with the complete lack of published research I'm working completely blind with Type 5.

Happily plodding along a long, long trail......

Chris

Alan Baker

I think Chris will make his research available once he has finished, but not sure what range it will cover.

My reason for bringing all AK's records together is to ensure they are available for anyone asking for information.

In the meantime, if you have any specific questions regarding CM5, I will be happy to see what I have