• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

HMCS Iroquois, Korea, 1953

Started by Nick Colley, January 07, 2023, 04:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Colley

Another Canadian naval/Korea item, this time from HMCS Iroquois. The postmark, C.F.P.O. 31) is dated (with the same caveat as before) December 10th (?) 1953. This was towards the end of her second tour of duty in Korean waters, and after the end of active hostilities. The question is the same as my previous posting: can anyone tell me where CFPO 31 was? Thanks a lot!

rgds
N

Alan Baker

This cover is illustrated in Toop (P19).

According to the text, CFPO31 was in Tokyo

Michael Dobbs

"The BNAPS Catalogue of Canadian Military Mail Markings - Volume 3: From Victory in 1945 to Afghanistan", compiled and edited by C D Sayles (August 2006) confirms Alan's response that C.F.P.O. 31 was located in Tokyo, Japan (16 Apr 52 - 15 Sep 55).

Mike

Nick Colley

Thanks, chaps, much appreciated.

chrs
N

Alan Baker

Nick Colley

I've had it for years, so I don't know for sure. On a balance of probabilities, though, the most likely source was the late John Frith. Why, you jealous? :-)

Alan Baker

Possibly. I have one or two from that era, including one from Cayuga when she was in dock in Canada