• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

RAF Registration Labels

Started by Peter Grimley, July 07, 2014, 05:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Grimley

Hi - I am a new member who collects RAF and RNAS Registration Labels. I and would like any member with surplus /spare labels to email me with a scan and a price. Also if any member wishes to sell his collection I would be very interested. That said I also acquired a collection recently with a lot of duplicates so we may be able to swop, or contact me with a list if buying and I will see what I can do. For cheapness I am happy to just collect the label although I will purchase on cover. I might as well mention here that I also collect Registration labels from the Isle of Man ( on cover ) Channel Islands, GB and World Airports, Hong Kong, Singapore and UAE, all off cover.
My other reason for this post is that I am hoping to add to the excellent RAF etc Postal Markings book by Bill Garrard. My research is concerning Registration Labels that did not have RAF or RAFPO printed on the label. Examples from Bill's book are Bridgnorth 3 which was RAF Bridgnorth and Emsworth 3 which was RAF Thorney Island, although for some period both these stations also had RAFPO labels. I have started to research this subject and hope to present my findings to FPHS at a later date. So Gentlemen, and Ladies, could I ask you to dig out all your RAF Covers as I must have proof of the label name on cover with an raf cancel. If anyone does have list/s or information that can be confirmed please contact me.
It might be better for scans to contact me directly through my email at grimleyhouse@btinternet.com

Thanking you all in anticipation  -  Peter Grimley