• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

In Italy with British Guns

Started by Martino Laurenzi, August 08, 2014, 03:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martino Laurenzi

Hello,
I have recently joined the FPHS, I am happy to have found a way to post,  and I hope I am not breaking too many rules in the process.

My main collection concerns [color=red]the postal communication between Italy and the British Isles [/color]from 1458 (the earliest piece in my collection) to 1960. I am fascinated by the communication during difficult years, and the war years certainly belong in that category. I have identified four main such periods: [color=purple]the Napoleonic wars, the wars of the Italian Independence, WWI and WWII.[/color] I am trying to educate myself, but the only period for which I have found sufficient information is WWI thanks to the awesome work of Alistair Kennedy and George Crabb (The Postal History of the British Army in WWI).

Does any member of this forum know of anything equivalent for the other periods I mentioned above? My interests cover the two directions (GB to I and I to GB), including prisoner mail from both camps.

Thank you and congratulations on a very exciting website,

Martino Laurenzi