• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

WW1 enquiry - Ypres area

Started by Michael Dobbs, January 22, 2015, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

A long shot here - but I have received the following enquiry via our website:

[color=maroon]My father, Walter Moore Sewell, served in both these regiments from about March 1917 to August 1918, and suffered a leg amputation in the Ypres area in August 1918.
I am curious to know if there might be access to any correspondence sent to, or by, him, and any correspondence relating to his case.
Any information would be much appreciated[/color]

It would appear that the individual served in both the Worcester and Dorset Regiments in WW1 - I have asked for such details as battalions, rank and regimental number to help in identification.

I also mentioned that I understand that the Imperial War Museum had a large accumulation of WW1 correspondence donated to me - does anyone know any further details ?

As usual all help much appreciated.

Many thanks, Mike  ;)

Frank Schofield

Mike

Walter Moore Sewell
32100 Pte 1st Dorset Regiment then
57688 Pte 2nd Worcester Regt
Enlisted 14/3/1917 discharged 22/7/1919 Wounds
Silver badge issued 12/8/19
Age 20

Hope of some use

Frank Schofield

Michael Dobbs

Frank

You're a star - many thanks indeed !

From where did you get all this information ?

Mike  ;D

Frank Schofield

Mike

Leave me some secrets!!!

Frank Schofield

Michael Dobbs

Frank

You might like to see the words of thanks from the person making the enquiry:

[color=maroon]Thank you for the information about my father´s military history, some of which I did not know and I´m pleased to have.
Please also thank your society´s member who found this information.

I know my request for information on the mail service provided by the Royal Engineers Postal Section to my father´s regiments is, as you say, a long shot, but if any of your members could provide such information, I would be really pleased to have it.
Even more so, of course, if there were access to any correspondence relating to my father´s case.

The idea of trying the Imperial War Museum is also a good one.[/color]

Regards, Mike  ;)

Frank Schofield

Mike

Please pass on, he is welcome

Frank Schofield