• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Registered Mail from Salonika 1915 1918

Started by Chris Grimshaw, September 20, 2015, 05:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Hi all

Currently putting a display together on Registered Mail from Salonika 1915 - 1918, 

Writing the display up using the War Diary of the DDPS Salonika to identify which sailing mail was carried on.

As far as I'm aware BAPO X was the only office to use preprinted Registration Labels, However not sure if these where avaliable when the office opened in December 1915. My earliest record of use is October 1916 and I've seen no registered mail prior to this date from this office.

Any information appreciated. There may be dates when the BAPO X labels had run out and the Blank labels where used.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Grimshaw

Hi All

Bringing this one up again, looking for Registered Mail from October 1915 to Jan / Feb 1916 from Salonika.

Registered Mail should exist from the 10th Division FPO's (in theory), Base APO X, SX 1, SX 4 and possibly FPO T 52 censored by the Type 2 Hand-stamp in this time span.

Does anyone have records or material covering this time span?

Any of our Dealer friends have anything in stock? or can anyone  offer surplus material?

Cheers

Chris