• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Austro-Hungarian posts WW1

Started by Michael Dobbs, April 11, 2016, 10:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I have received the following enquiry:

[color=maroon]My area of collection / interest / research and writing is postal history of Hospital and Ambulance Trains of all countries and campaigns.  This stems from the fact that I spent 15 years between 1980 and 1994 responsible for all British Army Ambulance Trains in BAOR at the height of the Cold War.  Sadly all have now been scrapped and the capability lost.

I am at present researching and writing up the Austro-Hungarian Empire part of my collection and like anything from that period to say there is confusion is an understatement!  I have examples of postal history from over 60 different hospital and ambulance trains and there were known to be in excess of a 100.  I am aware of the work of John Dixon-Nuttall in this area but I write to ask whether the FPHS has any experts on Austro-Hungarian military postal history during WW1?  I have hit a couple of dead ends and would like to pick someone's brains? [/color]

Has anyone any suggestions please ?

Many thanks, Mike