• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

MIDDLE EAST WW2 CENSOR HANDSTAMP USAGE

Started by dtrapnell, May 28, 2016, 05:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Weddell

David

The other side of the cover.

Chris

Nick Guy

Hello David

Sorry you're having a problem; is it actually downloading or is it that you don't use Word?  If you use another package that cannot open .doc files, let me know and I'll try again with something else.  If it's downloading that's the problem I can't help I'm afraid - they download when the link is clicked just like .jpg files on my system and can then be opened like any other Word file.

Nick

dtrapnell

Thanks, Nick.
I do not use Forum enough! I DO use Word & jpg.

My problem is downloading. Sometimes it seems easy; sometimes impossible.
Today I am having equal trouble with Chris Weddell's latest cover.
A step-by-step guide for a silly old codger would be welcome!
Best wishes
David

dtrapnell

Thanks Chris.
I now have covers for Camp 304 from Germans & Italians with overlapping dates.
So you must be correct and they had enclosures for each nation simultaneously.
At a camp like 304, where they were constantly getting more & more POWs, it makes sense to house both groups.

Which list of camp locations do you use? My current study suggests Ed Hall's list (see earlier) will need revision

Have you any other covers to/from 304?

Another topic. Please tell me the latest date of any cover/card you have with the framed or unframed MIDDLE EAST censor h/s. I am specially looking for late 1945.

Thanks & Best wishes
David

Nick Guy

Hello David
If your difficulty is with the downloading, I'm afraid I cannot help - I can only suggest trying the moderator.  If he suggests any alternatives for my attachments, I'll be pleased to do whatever I can.
Nick

Michael Dobbs

David

As these are ordinary Word documents you shoul be able to open them simply by selecting them - just like you would for a jpg picture.  Otherwise all I can suggest is that Nick or you sends the other a private message through the forum advising of your private email address so that you can correspond directly.

Mike

dtrapnell

Thanks, Mike.
Greetings
D

PS
AT LAST, I have found the answer!
When I click on the small image, a heading appears at the foot of the page.
One click on that and the picture opens as it should.
Easy when you know how.
D