• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

World War One I.E.F. special post cards.

Started by Chris Weddell, November 01, 2017, 09:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Weddell

I just received these two Indian Expeditionary Forces World War One postcards today. I have one problem with them as so far since I brought them about a week ago I cannot find any examples of this type of Special Post Card. Can any one tell me anything about the Special Post Cards, their use, what the colour bands mean and if they are common or not.

The FPO'S and the and receivers address are the reason I brought them as they fit into one of my collections very well. But not knowing anything about the postal stationery postcards I feel at the moment I cannot fully write them up yet. Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris S-W. 

Chris Weddell

Here is a scan of the other card.

Thanks

Chris S-W.

Graham Mark

Hello Chris
I cannot tell you much about the stationery cards, but maybe the E and F link them to Indian Exped Forces E and F.
Card F is addressed to a soldier of the 5th Gurkha Rifles (Frontier Force) in 10 Indian Div serving on the canal in Egypt.
Now I must go back to your original post to see the details of the other card.
Graham

Graham Mark

Sorry I cannot make anything of the E card, other than saying that Ind Exped Force E was also in Egypt.
You might need someone to read the Indian handwriting.
Regards
Graham

Chris Weddell

Hello Graham,

Thanks for your help. So far I have not got any further with the cards themselves but only a little further on the addressees. I might try the ISC to see if they may be able to help.

Regards

Chris.

Nick Colley

Have you shown these to Peter Burrows ? I think he'd be interested, even if he's unable to assist. (It's just a thought....)

chrs
N

Chris Weddell

Thanks Nick.

That's a good idea. I should of thought of that.

Cheers

Chris.