• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

H.M.T. 602 WW1

Started by Tony Walker, August 08, 2019, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Walker

Thanks Chris et al

I have found since a reference which stated HMT Braemar Castle, after landing troops at Gallipoli in April 1915, returned to England and was then converted to a Hospital Ship, presumably with the appropriate markings, which is what Alan said in his post.

Chris : Do you think the Portsmouth RND Battalion could have been part of the troops complement landed at Gallipoli ?  I recall an oblique reference I came across which implied both the Portsmouth and Plymouth Battalions were on board.  I'm trying to validate Daniels allocation of the PbC No. 2573 to the Portsmouth Battalion.  Is there some confusion perhaps between the Portsmouth and the Chatham Battalions?

Horray ! for the Forum

Tony

Graham Mark

"The Stamp Lover" - the organ of the Junior PS regularly listed names of those serving with the colours.
More likely to find a JPS member in those lists than in other journals. 
Sorry I no longer have my run of SL which contained these lists.

Note to Chris Grim Gibbons suspended their journals for the duration of WWI.
Graham

Michael Gould

CREW HMT 602 is certainly not a pendant number, it simply means the item is from a crew member on HMT 602, as opposed to one of the troops being carried. This is in my book as 1A129. Michael Gould