• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Postcard of the day 1st June Sidi Bishr Aliens Internment Camp.

Started by Chris Weddell, June 01, 2020, 01:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Weddell

My postcard of the day a printed Sidi Bishr Aliens Internment Camp printed stationery postcard.

The card was posted from the Internment camp and is tied with various Italian censor marks on it travels  to Germany.

Marc Parren

A great postcard. There is the Milan foreign mail handstamp and the wavy one I think is Egyptian. Can you tell us what wording of the red handstamp is as I cannot decypher. I can read that he is referring to the fact that they are still not repatriated while he thinks that those from China are already back in Germany. He is also referring to the DoA (German East Africa) and Kolonial Amt (Colonial Office) to be contacted or not I suppose in assisting for their release. So I suppose he originates from German East Africa

Chris Weddell

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the help. The red mark is also Italian and reads the same as the bottom line of the other Italian mark. The wavy mark is an inspectors mark I think and is Egyptian.

Thanks

Chris