• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

COVER OF THE DAY 14 JULY - UNION

Started by Ross Debenham, July 14, 2020, 02:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Debenham

My query for today is one that I hope members may be able to help me with, but I have great doubts that they can. It is a cover post marked at East African Army Post Office 2 which was located in Nairobi. As can been seen date of postage 25 October, 1941. Censor marker previously not observed. No problems there. However what does intrigue me is the address "HOSPITAL UNION" that's all, nothing else. The question is what or where was Hospital, Union? I have googled for a town in Kenya named Union with no success. Help.

Michael Dobbs

Ross

You have an almost impossible task to try and resolve the address!  I've tried looking for a hospital ship in WW2 named Union but no joy.  I wonder if "Union" refers to the Union of South Africa - but where would such a letter go to as there is no apparent location given.  Although I stated an almost impossible task - I correct it to an impossible task!

Mike  :)

Ross Debenham

Thanks Mike, I must admit I thought about the South African Army P.O. in Nairobi, but you would think that the address would be more comprehensive. Thanks for the help.
Ross D.