• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

German POW in Greece 1946

Started by Marc Parren, January 03, 2021, 05:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Parren

This POW lettersheet I obtained recently and what attracted it to me was the fact that it concerned a German POW in Greece after the war. When I received it it turned out to have been written in Athens in November 1946. However what surprised me even more was that the sender's address was 971 German Workshop Coy with postal address Egypt. Does anybody know more of these German POWs held in Greece at the time and whether 971 German Workshop Coy is the only one recorded so far. I suppose that all POW around the Mediterranean had as address PW Postal Section MEF Egypt as I have seen likewise those who were kept on Malta after the war. Does someone know of a list of POW camps and workshop coys and or philatelic articles on these? Thanks for any assistance on this. Wishing you all a very fruitful philatelic 2021!