• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

British Adriatic Mission WWI

Started by Chris Grimshaw, March 24, 2021, 12:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Grimshaw

Morning All

As part of a major display I'm putting together on this area,I'm looking for examples of FPO W.2 January to April, 1916 and anything with the Type 2 Censor from this Office, 

Currently earliest example I have is 15 April 1916 when they moved to the Mouth of the River Varder.  Previously they were at Durazzo from Mid January 1916.

Also looking for an example of FPO W. 3 which was opened at Valona,  only recorded date is 21.3.16

Chris

Frank Schofield

Chris

Re FPO W.3.  Valona I take it you got this from K & C, it sounded Italian, but when I google the name, it throws out the town of Vlore in Albania?

Will you be including the Italian side of the Mission (BAPO W & FPO W1) in the display ??

Frank

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Frank

Yes, plan to show examples of BAPO W (have two examples)  FPO W 1, have illustrations of a couple of items. 

FPO 3 I've never seen, Both K & C and Proud only record the one date.  I'd imagine one of them saw a copy. 

Chris