• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

A Poppy cover - a long shot

Started by Michael Dobbs, September 16, 2021, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

I have been sent the following request - a very long shot I know but I am showing it just in case!

The Editor of the Royal Mail Philatelic Bulletin is intending to publish an article by Dane Garrod about 100 years of Poppy Day and states that:

[color=maroon]On 24 November 2018, I was at Veronafil when stands were being dismantled. I saw the attached cover on a remaining display which wasn't attributed to an owner. I would like to show the cover in Dane's article but would like to establish ownership. If you have any idea who may own this, please let me know.  I know it's a long shot, but any help would be much appreciated.[/color]

23-25 November 2018 at Verona, Italy

The write up of the cover is in English and so likely to be a person of British origin.
Does anyone recognise the style of write up ???

Thanks, Mike

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Mike

A long shot I know,  with the address 'Birmingham Midland Institute'  Eric or Elizabeth Lewis. both associated with the Birmingham PS for many years springs to mind.

I think now both no longer with us.  Contact with the Birmingham PS or possibly the Midland Postal History Society (Richard Farman) is a member of the latter may bring something.

Chris