• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

After logging in for the first time don't forget to change your password and update your email address. You can do this by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the page and choosing Account Related Settings

Main Menu

Modern censorship?

Started by Sozont Singh, August 19, 2022, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Walker

I agree with Peter.  I do not think this is a machine malfunction here in the UK as I mentioned in an earlier post.  We'll see.  There are no reports of standard (A6) envelopes being slit open, perhaps Sozont has not received any such envelopes?

The interesting thing is that the mail seems to be getting through, at least from the UK to Russia.  How about in the opposite direction?

Tony

Tony Walker

Yes, I agree with Peter, I don't think it is a 'constant flaw' as they say in philately, laid at the door of RM.  If it was it would have been corrected by now.

As Nick says, it will be interesting to hear from the various 'test' postings now in progress

Cheers
Tony

Sozont Singh

Hello everyone!
In continuation of the topic.
Just received 2 letters. One from my friend from England. it was opened, like all the previous ones, but sealed with a special Russian mail tape. Another from Holland. it was not opened. And therefore I think that, probably, openings take place in England. Now I am sending a letter to England. Let's see how it will come.

[img]https://sun9-29.userapi.com/impg/kOHLtOHaZlsirs1o75D1DRkwzM1Xdo9xAo03lw/3pAw76-QEYE.jpg?size=1620x2160&quality=96&sign=75fd130437ea83717f7fcee62c18094e&type=album[/img]

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Sozent

Unlikely I'd think the the British PO would use a Russian language sealing tape or label.

My 'gut' feeling is this is taking place once arrival in Russia.  With the current 'climate' mail from the UK may be subject to special treatment.

Time for that one way ticket to Helsinki or Berlin?

Cheer, Stay safe.  Chris

Sozont Singh

Chris, hello!
No, I mean, I think that it could have been opened in the UK (including accidentally mechanically, as already suggested by one of the commenters on this topic), and then sealed in Russia. After all, the letter from Holland came intact .. If there were censorship, then it would be opened. I specifically asked Holland friend to pack the card inside as much as possible so that it looks more voluminous and would cause interest. The letters arrived on the same day.

Answering the second part of your message, I note that in my opinion 1914(or 1917) is getting closer.But this is a completely different topic that will not meet the rules.
In any way, it is very interesting to understand where the letters are still opened. I hope we find out in time.

Best wishes,
Sozont

Sozont Singh

PS
In a few days, new rules including on interaction with foreigners will come into force. It is not yet clear how they will be applied. Perhaps this is just the start. This is all due to the tightening of military measures. And it seems that they only work on military topics.
But I recently published an article in a British journal and my fellow scientists advised me not to talk about it anywhere, as they are already afraid that I might fall under some suspicion.
Maybe I won't be able to post here anymore. If this happens, then I sincerely thank everyone for the communication, advice, opinions, comments on various topics. I liked participating in zoom meetings. I am honored to be a member of our society.

But let's hope for the best.

Sozont

Peter Harvey

Hi Sozont,

Hopefully we shall speak again soon, in better times and you can participate again both in our zoom meetings and also this forum.

All the best.

Peter

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Sozent

I echo Peter's comments, your contributions both to the Journal and Forum are valuable,  Hopefully long may they continue.

Take Care

Chris

Tony Walker

Hello Sozont

I am sure we all sympathise with you and are sad that you cannot continue contributing to the forum.  I hope others will continue to investigate the 'opening envelope' mystery and report on it here.

Kind regards
Tony Walker