• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

This forum uses cookies which keeps track of your login preferences. With cookies enabled, you can log in automatically each time you visit the forum.

Main Menu

Indian Expeditionary Force in Aden

Started by Michael Dobbs, September 07, 2022, 10:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

This is not a query - simply posting something which I feel may be of interest to some of you.

Looking through my emails and trying to reduce the number in my 'in' box I came across this from early 2021!  It is a one-pager compiled by a non-member but a member of several Kent clubs and was circulated amonst his wide Kent contacts during our lockdown period.  I thought it worth publishing on our Forum - why I didn't do it back then I don't know!

Mike

Chris Grimshaw

Hello Mike.  Very interesting and worthy of wider circulation.  Something I'd be interested in publishing in a future Journal.

Possibly Winter or more likely the Spring 2023 edition.  An area we don't see much on.  Chris

Michael Dobbs

Chris

I will make enquiries and seek permission from the person whose display it is.

Mike

Neil Williams

Chris, Mike

A quick check of the indexes of The Dhow (Aden & Somaliland Study Group) reveals over 50 contributions, of varying length and depth, concerning Aden during WWI, many of which concern Aden Brigade.

There is nothing fundamentally flawed with this one-pager........ is it a sensible thought that the FPHS Journal includes this short item, and then as a follow-up I see if I can knock something more substantial together as a review article of what's been in The Dhow?

Neil