• Welcome to FPHS - Legacy Forum.

News:

If you are having a problem logging in or using the Forum contact the Webmaster at webmaster@forcespostalhistorysociety.org.uk. Every member has been pre registered so new members should not try and register themselves. You will have been advised of your login details with your membership information.

Main Menu

Who is Bob Roberts ? and more information wanted on Raabs Camp

Started by Michael Dobbs, December 24, 2014, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dobbs

Twas Christmas Eve in the Workhouse, where your Secretary toils all year ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

There hasn't been too many posts recently - so one last one from the workhouse prior to the Christmas festivities starting !

I have been approached by a member who is trying to trace the author and origin of an article - does anyone know who Bob Roberts is - the attached scan is the top half of an article written by said person in 1990 - does anyone know from which publication it comes from ?  At the bottom of the first page it is numbered 1990/37 which appears to indicate it was written in 1990.

The member making the enquiry has recently bought 80 cards which are from an Englishman (Clarence K. Milnes) who was in the camp - all written in German to his Grandmother in Hamburg - her name was Elizabeth Conn - and so is keen to find out more about Raabs Camp - as indicated in the text there is something in Keith Tranmer's book but not very much.  Can anyone help on this ?

Thanks, Mike  ;D

Reg Gleave

The article was published in the Jan/March 1990 edition of POSTSCRIPT, the newsletter of the Society of Postal Historians.
Bob Roberts died in the Spring of 1991

Michael Dobbs

Reg

Very many thanks indeed for answering the main part of the query.  I know that the person who initially sent me the query will be extremely grateful.

Regards, Mike  :)